The Methodist ChurchThe U.S. Post OfficeThe Masonic Temple BuildingThe Delfelder House

The Methodist Church

700 East Park Street The Methodist Church - The first Methodist services in Riverton were held in 1907 by Rev. William L. Carter, who was the Lander Methodist pastor, who made frequent missionary trips to the new town of Riverton. Rev. Carter was succeeded by Rev. Gillespie, whose efforts made it possible to acquire the property…
Read more

The U.S. Post Office

501 East Main Street The U.S. Post Office - Construction on the Riverton Post Office began in 1940 and was completed in 1941. The site for the Riverton Post Office was selected by the Post Office and Treasury Department committees. Work began in 1938 but was halted in December 1938 due to a lack of funding from Washington, D.C.…
Read more

The Masonic Temple Building

401 East Main Street The Masonic Temple Building - Lodge No. 26 A.F. & A.M. was instituted December 20, 1907 and chartered September 2, 1908. The block in which the Temple building was located was called ‘Mooney Block’ because in August 1906, William Mooney patrolled the lots at 4th and Main with gun in hand to keep invaders…
Read more

The Delfelder House

222 South Broadway The Defelder House - The three-story Victorian house was built in 1907 by J. W. Blake, a local sheep rancher and banker, shortly after the founding of Riverton. After Mr. Blake died due to complications from a horse riding accident, Mrs. Blake sold the home to J. A. Delfelder in 1913. J.A. Delfelder…
Read more