Scott Chevrolet Co. – 1930
Floyd Scott was called the “Wyoming Pioneer” in the Chevrolet Automobile business. Lander’s transition from horse and buggy to the automobile was slow. But in about 1913 the “horseless carriage” age began to take shape. In 1915 this property was the site of Barney Beard’s garage and then Fremont Garage. In January, 1915, it was razed by fire and again in January 1930. All that was left were the stone pillars in front of the building. The owners (Harnbergers) rebuilt it in March and leased it to Floyd and Otis Scott.