Rhein’s Hardware & Sheet Metal Store

William H. Rhein’s hardware and Sheet Metal store (now the Wyoming State Lands Office at 277 Main St.) was established in 1886. In addition to hardware his store carried a fine line of cutlery, tools, stoves and groceries.  A modern day building for its day as it was the first Main Street Store to have plate glass windows.  It was quite an accomplishment because the glass had to be brought in by a freight wagon over rough roads and steep hills.

Comments are closed.