City Drug Store – 1894
City Drug store was founded on November 23, 1894, by H. P. Bower and Stephen Douglas Keister. They originally opened up in a building on the corner of Third and Main Street.
Then about 1900 Guy and Fred Earl bought the drugstore and in 1907 built a new two story building known as the Earl Building. The cost of erecting the new building made of brick and stone was $10,000.00. The drug store was on the first floor. The telephone company and switch boards shared the second floor with rooms that were rented out to doctors and dentists.
City Drug was in business at this location business until 1975.