The Riverton Museum is seeking a dynamic, energetic and creative Site Manager to oversee operations at the Riverton Museum. Email your Resume, Cover Letter and References to email@example.com.
- Oversee all aspects of site management including planning, programs, events, maintenance collections, budget, fundraising, gift shop and delegates accordingly.
- Perform historic research and assist with research requests
- Manage full and part time staff, volunteers, interns
- Work collaboratively with other Fremont County Museums staff to advance the mission of all three county museums
- Deliver talks and lectures for public programs and special events
- Assist with educational initiatives for various Museum audiences which may include developing and leading public curatorial and gallery talks, meeting with classes and other written materials for various audiences.
- Takes the lead in planning and implementation of special events
- Work with museum support groups to promote and advance the mission of the museum
- Work jointly with other Fremont County Museum staff to produce ReDiscover the Winds Podcast
- Ability to promote the Riverton Museum via social media
- Ability to provide comprehensive/accurate written historical content for publication
- Ability to research/prepare/deliver content for ReDiscover the Winds: A Wyoming History Podcast
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in museum studies, history, art history, American Studies or related field:
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 3-4 years of progressive museum/historic site management experience preferred
- Budget Management experience
- Ability to work in an environment where teamwork professional respect, personal ethics and character are the foundation for achievement
- Excellent organizational skills, computer literacy skills, preferred Past Perfect experience
- Experience with Quickbooks POS
- Candidate must possess effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple staff and volunteers.
- Published writer a plus
- Exhibit and Interpretation experience preferred
- Collections Management experience preferred
- Experience in full time staff management
- Social Media Marketing and Podcast experience a plus
- Professional, energetic and creative qualities desired
- $38,300.00 Annually
- Excellent Retirement Benefits Including Deferred Compensation
- Excellent Medical/Dental Insurance