The Dubois Museum: Wind River Historical Center in Dubois, WY seeks an energetic professional to manage the collections for one of Fremont County’s three Museums. This individual will work collaboratively with other museum staff and other museum professionals within the Fremont County Museum System.
- Oversee all aspects of collection management including planning, care, loans, conservation, accessions, storage, research, archival management, exhibits etc.
- Perform historic research and assist with research requests
- Manage part time staff, volunteers, interns
- Work collaboratively with FCMS staff to advance the mission of all three county museums
- Deliver talks and lectures for public programs and special events
- Assist with educational initiatives for various Museum audiences which may include developing and leading public curatorial and gallery talks, meeting with classes and other written materials for various audiences, leading group hikes into a variety of historic sites and areas in the area surrounding Dubois.
- Assist in planning and implementation of special events
- Work with museum support groups to promote and advance the mission of the museum
- Ability to research and write professional historic journal articles
- Assist in preparation and production of ReDiscover the Winds: A Wyoming History Podcast
- Fund raising experience a plus
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in museum studies, history, art history, American Studies or related field: 1-2 years of curatorial experience preferred; MA preferred
- Ability to work in an environment where teamwork professional respect, personal ethics and character are the foundation for achievement
- Excellent organizational skills, computer literacy skills, preferred Past Perfect experience
- Candidate must possess effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple staff and volunteers.
- Published writer a plus
- Exhibit and Interpretation experience preferred
- $29,000/year plus very competitive benefit package that includes excellent retirement, health insurance, 10 paid holidays per year, sick leave and vacation leave.
- This position will be open until filled.
- Send, resume, cover letter and 3 professional references and unofficial transcripts to Fremont County Museums, Central Director, Scott Goetz, 450 N 2nd Rm 320 Lander, WY 82520 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dubois, WY is a small community located in the gorgeous Upper Wind River Range of Wyoming within an hour and a half of Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. Dubois is an outdoor enthusiasts dream!