The Fremont County Museum System is seeking an energetic and creative individual to lead the Riverton Museum into the future. The Riverton Museum is located in Riverton, WY in the Wind River region of West Central Wyoming. Please email your resume, references and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled.
- Oversee all aspects of site management including planning, programs, events, maintenance collections, budget, fundraising, gift shop and delegates accordingly.
- Perform historic research and assist with research requests
- Manage full and part time staff, volunteers, interns
- Work collaboratively with other Fremont County Museums staff to advance the mission of all three county museums
- Deliver talks and lectures for public programs and special events
- Assist with educational initiatives for various Museum audiences which may include developing and leading public curatorial and gallery talks, meeting with classes and other written materials for various audiences.
- Takes the lead in planning and implementation of special events
- Work with museum support groups to promote and advance the mission of the museum
- Work jointly with other Fremont County Museum staff to produce ReDiscover the Winds Podcast
- Ability to promote the Riverton Museum via social media
- Ability to provide comprehensive/accurate written historical content for publication
- Ability to research/prepare/deliver content for ReDiscover the Winds: A Wyoming History Podcast
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in museum studies, history, art history, American Studies or related field:
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 3-4 years of progressive museum/historic site management experience preferred
- Budget Management experience
- Ability to work in an environment where teamwork professional respect, personal ethics and character are the foundation for achievement
- Excellent organizational skills, computer literacy skills, preferred Past Perfect experience
- Experience with Quickbooks POS
- Candidate must possess effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple staff and volunteers.
- Published writer a plus
- Exhibit and Interpretation experience preferred
- Collections Management experience preferred
- Experience in full time staff management
- Social Media Marketing and Podcast experience a plus
- Professional, energetic and creative qualities desired
- $38,300.00 Annually
- Excellent Retirement Benefits Including Deferred Compensation
- Excellent Medical/Dental Insurance