Fremont County Museum System
Fremont County Pioneer Museum in Lander, WY is looking for an outgoing, creative and dedicated Program/Event/Volunteer Education Coordinator.
Program/Event/Volunteer Education Coordinator
- Work collaboratively with museum staff to develop/schedule/organize Speakers programs, Trek programs, children’s programs, other interpretive programs as determined.
- Work collaboratively with museum staff to develop/schedule/organize special events that promote and enhance the museums standing and increase revenue.
- Promote programs, exhibits, interpretation, events through effective use of social media.
- Work collaboratively with museum staff to recruit/retain volunteers for programs, events, interpretation, maintenance, collections management, and to enhance daily operations.
- Manage retail area in conjunction with Site Manager.
- Answer visitor inquiries, promote all Fremont County Museum System museums.
- Assist visitors in finding local amenities and promote community events and activities.
- Work with museum support groups to promote and advance the mission of the museum
- Promote a positive image for the Fremont County Museum System and individual museum
- Recruit and manage volunteers
- Work with museum staff to manage and administer rentals of museum facilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in American Studies, History, Art History or related field preferred
- Three years of public program experience preferred
- Ability to lead treks in sometimes challenging outdoor environment
- Ability to work with children
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and work well with the public to deliver programs
- Ability to work in an environment where teamwork professional respect, personal ethics and character are the foundation for achievement
- Excellent organizational skills, computer literacy skills
- Candidate must possess effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple staff and volunteers and projects.
- Experience in social media marketing/pod cast development a plus
- Grant writing/administration experience a plus
- Research and data entry skills a plus
- Send resume, cover letter and references to Fremont County Central Museum Director, Scott Goetz, 450 N 2nd Rm 320, Lander, WY 82520
- Salary $30,000.00 annually
- Excellent County health and retirement benefits
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to lead Treks in moderately strenuous outdoor conditions
The Pioneer Museum is looking for a creative and dynamic person to fill the role of Program/Event/Volunteer Education Coordination.
Forward a Resume, Cover letter & 3 reference to Fremont County Museum Director, Scott Goetz, 450 N 2nd Rm 320, Lander, WY 82520. Email email@example.com