Fremont County Museums Maintenance Lead
The Fremont County Museum System is looking for a Lead Maintenance position to oversee maintenance at three facilities in Fremont County. The Dubois Museum, Pioneer Museum in Lander and the Riverton Museum. The position will be based in Lander, WY. Facilities include three museums and 20 historic structures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with Site Managers and Central Director to obtain quotes and bids from established vendors for any required specialized work.
- Understanding of historic restoration principles for log and frame structures including windows, doors, roofing, foundation, daubing, painting
- Experience in scheduled maintenance planning and documentation
- Ability to establish workplace safety guidelines, implementation and training
- Experience in supervision of employees and volunteers
- Experience in residential/commercial painting
- Performs preventive maintenance and repairs to buildings
- Strong background and understanding of plumbing, for sprinkler systems, sinks, and toilets.
- Installs new or repaired parts.
- Performs a variety of brick, cement and carpentry work.
- Performs routine service and maintenance on equipment (mowers, trimmers, side by side etc.)
- Responds for emergency repair.
- Sidewalk and parking lot snow removal
- Grounds keeping, lawn mowing, trimming
- Light cleaning
- Ability to interact with visitors in a professional manor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience - experience in the full range of building maintenance and construction, including electrical, plumbing, heating and air conditioning.
- Exhibit construction a plus
- Knowledge of plumbing and electric principals.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Specialized training and/or technical training in building maintenance
- Valid Wyoming driver's license.
- CBI background check is required.
- Random drug testing possible.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that may be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop or kneel; crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
- Includes both indoor and outdoor work in a variety of weather and the ability to interact with and work around the public to perform duties. Some travel between sites is required as well as work on the occasional Saturday during the summer.
- Training opportunities available for specialized aspects of position.
Full Time-Starting Salary 36,000 annually. Competitive benefit Package includes health insurance and retirement.
Send a resume, cover letter & references firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the Fremont County Museums 450 North 2nd Street, room 320 Lander, Wyoming 82520.